The reservation country has been the scene of the labors of this gentleman for some years, and here he has shown his ability to handle the resources of the country in a winning manner, for he has increased his holding from a very meager showing at the time of his immigration here to those of a substantial and prosperous, thrifty farmer.
Robert E. Moser was born in Catawba County, North Carolina, on February 7, 1866, being the on of John P. and Catherine M. (Roseman) Moser. The father was born and reared in Tennessee and served through the Civil war. The mother of our subject was a native of Catawba County. Robert was the fourth of a family of six children, and when a child they all removed to Monroe County, Tennessee, and when he was twelve they returned to North Carolina. He was educated in Concordia College, in Catawba County, and afterwards taught school for a few terms and held a first grade certificate. In 1889 he came to Oakesdale, Washington, and there took up farming.
On October 30, 1894, Mr. Moser married Miss Florence M., daughter of Frank M. and Eleanor S. (Bellinger) Brown, natives of St. Lawrence County, New York, where also Mrs. Moser was born. They came to Whitman County in an early day. Mrs. Moser is a niece of Jacob Bellinger, of Colfax. Soon after his marriage Mr. Moser went to the Potlatch country, and in the spring of 1896 he came to his present place, one half mile southwest from Nezperce. He has a first class farm, well improved, having a two story, eight room residence, a commodious barn, out buildings, and other improvements as orchard, fences, implements and so forth. Four children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Moser: Marion L., Eleanor C, Maggie M., and Ollie I. Mr. Moser is a member of the K. O. T. M., of Nezperce.
He is a reliable and upright man, who has hosts of friends and has done a worthy part in the development of the reservation country.
Source: An Illustrated History of Northern Idaho, Embracing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai and Shoshone Counties, Western Historical Publishing Company, 1903