The southeast fourth of section twenty-four, township thirty-four, range one east of the Boise meridian belongs to Wyley Johnson. It bears the marks of being one of the best tilled and kept farms in the vicinity. Mr. Johnson has a seven room residence, with water piped in. and all of the modern conveniences and this is but a sample of his farm improvements and achievements. He borrowed money in the east to make his way west and has wrought with industry and sagacity until he is now one of the most prosperous men of the reservation country. Mr. Johnson has cattle and hogs to consume the abundant harvests of his fertile farm and he is as successful in raising stock as in his farming. Wyley Johnson was born in Montgomery County, Tennessee, on March 10, 1860, being the son of Len H. and Martha (Turner) Johnson, natives of Tennessee. The maternal grandfather, Wyley Turner, served in the war of 1812. The father of our subject died in 187 1 and the mother removed her family to Humphreys County, Tennessee, in 1876. In 1884 Mr. Johnson came to Albion, Cassia County. Idaho, and there wrought on a stock farm. The next winter he went to San Francisco with a train of stock for Samuel Guinn. He remained a time in California and in 1891 came to the Palouse country, then went to Cassia County again, whence he again went to California. Soon we see him in Pullman and when the reservation opened he was among the enterprising ones who came and selected fine farms. On July 27, 1898, Mr. Johnson married Miss Florence, daughter of Milo H. and Lucy A. Adams, of the vicinity of Nez Perce. They had one child, Milton A., born August 27, 1901. Mrs. Johnson taught school three terms in Bingham County, Idaho, and also taught the first school in Fletcher. She was also saleslady in J. T. Orbison’s store in Nez Perce for a year. They are highly respected people and hold a leading place in the society of the community.
Source: An Illustrated History of Northern Idaho, Embracing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai and Shoshone Counties, Western Historical Publishing Company, 1903