William J. Wilson, a farmer and stockman dwelling about two and one half miles northeast from Forest, is one of the industrious and progressive men whose labors have resulted in such excellent development of the reservation country and it is fitting that a review of his career be incorporated here. William J. Wilson was born in Sanilac, Michigan, on February 16, 1868, being the son of Andrew W. and Susana (Neal) Wilson. The father was prominent in County affairs in Sanilac County and there married and his wife died in 1881. She was a native of Canada. They had the following named children: Entity, Elonzo, Cudy, Jennie, Albert, Bogart, Robert N., in addition to the subject of this article. William J. was educated in the common schools and remained with his parents until he was sixteen and then migrated to North Dakota. He continued there one year and then made his way to Washington, where he railroaded and farmed until 1887. Then he went to Lewiston and later came to Mason prairie and located his present place. It is now well fenced, improved and returning good dividends in crops. He has about fifteen head of stock and is one of the prosperous men of the section. Mr. Wilson married Miss Rosa A., daughter of William and Margaret (Stevenson) Slavens. The mother was born in Oregon on January 21, 1855. The father was a native of Illinois, and December 15. 1845, was the date of his birth. Six children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Wilson, Geneva B., Bay N., Gladys, Lester, Ecla, and Marvin. Mr. Wilson is a Republican and actively interested in political matters. He has been school trustee for eight years and is an ardent advocate of good educational facilities and does all in his power to obtain this good end. He is a member of the M. W. A.
Source: An Illustrated History of Northern Idaho, Embracing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai and Shoshone Counties, Western Historical Publishing Company, 1903