In at least two lines of endeavor has Mr. Larson achieved success and is now one of the prominent and successful farmers and business men of the reservation country, being located at Ho, where he carries on a thriving business as a wheelwright and wood workman.
He was born in Norway, on September 25, 1873, being the son of Lars and Mary (Erickson) Larson, natives of Norway and born in 1787 and 1836 respectively. The father died in 1881, aged ninety-four. The mother later married Mr. Nelson and is now living in the Potlatch Country. Charles was educated in his native country and there learned the trade which he now follows, also perfecting himself at a carpenter’s school. He worked on piece work until eighteen, when he came to the United States, whither his mother and stepfather had come four years previous to this time. Mr. Larson settled at Moscow and took up his trade which he followed for five years. In 1895 he took his present farm as a homestead, but he returned to Moscow, off and on working at his trade. In April, 1901, he opened his present business and is doing well.
On November 3, 1896 in Nez Perces County, Mr. Larson married Miss Anna, daughter of Julius and Sophia Shoemaker, natives of Sweden and Germany respectively. Mrs. Larson has three sisters and four brothers. Mrs. Larson was born in Latah County, on April 4, 1880. Mr. Larson has three brothers and one sister. Leonard, Louis, John, Lena. Two children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Larson. Hazel I., John. Mr. Larson is a member of the M. W. A., at the Ho Camp.
He is a staunch Republican and believes in progress and improvement and is always fostering public enterprises which are for the welfare of all. Mr. Larson has a fine farm, of one hundred and sixty acres, well improved with buildings and last year he sold of oats alone three thousand and five hundred bushels.
Source: An Illustrated History of North Idaho: Embracing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai and Shoshone counties, state of Idaho; Western Historical Publishing Company, 1903