It is with pleasure that we are enabled to grant space in this work to the well known and talented business man whose name initiates this paragraph for a review of his career. Mr. Morris is at present time the incumbent of the post office at Myrtle, where he is serving in an acceptable manner, while he also handles a general merchandise business. In this line, Mr. Morris is achieving a special success, having both the talent and the reliability to handle a successful business. He is bright in observing the class of goods needed, is quick to provide for the demands of the people, and withal is a man upon whom the people can rely, and who has won a generous patronage. This is enabling him to constantly increase his stock, which is very complete now, and thus is brought to the doors of the farmers a large assortment for them to select from, which supplies their wants cheaper than could be done by expensive trips to the city.
Charles E. Morris was born in Columbia County, Washington, on April 19, 1875, being the son of Mason and Elizabeth M. (Bramlett) Morris. He was raised in his native County and there gained his education in the graded schools. In 1886 the family came to Kendrick, and there Charles wrought with his father until of age, when he took land which he farmed until 1901, then came and bought land where he is now located. He erected a good store building and at once went into business. He has five brothers and two sisters.
On October 15, 1899, Mr. Morris married May E. Glasby, who was born in Kansas on May 16, 1883. One son, Herschel, born July 31, 1900, and a sturdy, bright boy who promises to add laurels to the worthy labors of his ancestors, has come to bless this happy home. Mr. Morris stands exceptionally well with the people, is an affable and genial man, and a thorough business operator, being alive to the interests both of his customers as well as the extension of his trade.
Source: An Illustrated History of Northern Idaho, Embracing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai and Shoshone Counties, Western Historical Publishing Company, 1903